Attachment 3


Since January 2005 it has been a requirement that electrical installation work undertaken in domestic dwellings must follow the new, Part P Building Regulations (Electrical Safety in Dwellings). These regulations state that works, repairs, maintenance etc., on electrical installations in certain areas must either be carried out by a "competent person" or approved by the local authority (Building Control department), before and after the works are carried out. If a competent person does not carry out the works local Building Control must be notified this will require a visit from one of their inspectors, suitable drawings may need submitting and cost up to £200.00

A competent person is someone who is currently registered with an approved self-certification scheme. A J Gas & Electrical Services is
registered with the ELECSA scheme and can therefore provide all the necessary documentation required for Part P. A requirement of this scheme is that we are assessed annually to ensure their high standards are maintained.

Testing and inspection of all electrical installations is necessary as they deteriorate with age.

The Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 specifically states that the landlord is to ensure the electrical installation is safe when a tenancy begins and that it is maintained in a safe condition throughout the tenancy. Many licensing authorities, insurance companies and mortgage lenders insist upon this.

  • Full and Part Re-wires
  • New Builds and Extensions
  • Fuse Board Changes
  • Shower Circuits
  • Cooker Circuits
  • Additional Sockets and Lighting
  • Inspection and Testing
  • Landlord Certification
  • External Power and Lighting
  • Security Lighting
  • Smoke Detection
  • Wiring of Central Heating Systems